June 10, 2012

Wow, it's been so long since I've been here that I actually forgot the sign-on name and password. I probably wouldn't be here today if there wasn't something I wanted to write about to myself and my kids just in case they find in their later years in life that they'd like to know more about their mama. Ok here we go... So ever since I had my very first physical exam and bloodwork they've always told me that my liver enzymes are that of a heavy drinker... which if anyone knows me, that is so far from the truth.. I mean don't get me wrong I've drank pretty good in my years but I don't think anywhere near the point of it knocking my liver for a loop... So about 2 years ago my yearly physical showed triple elevated enzymes from my previous years bloodwork and they sent me to do an ultrasound... to which I was freaking out until they called me a week later with the results... Fatty Liver... HUH? Well, duh... I could have told you that, I mean I'm fat, why wouldn't it be obvious that I'd have a fat liver... So I took the news over the phone very happily (In fact I remember being in the mountains at a cabin when they called to tell me) and I went along with my life... So here I am 2 years later, didn't bother to go back in because I knew it was going to be my doctor putting me on medicine and telling me how important losing weight is... Well, now It's progressed even further to "Enlarged Liver"... dang now I'm freaking out and they sent me for another ultrasound, and coming up in 4 days is going to be something they called a HIDA SCAN to run dye through and see what's going on and then 2 weeks after that I'm going to see a specialist... Well I am at this point in my life where right now everything is at a stand still waiting and wondering and not really knowing... So after my test and visit with the specialist I will never be the same person that I am right this moment and that's why I'm writing now... You can read some crazy stuff on the internet that will have you basically at death's door so I've been trying to stop myself from delving into it too much but it's hard not to browse around looking for a diagnosis, prognosis and cure... I guess we will see, and I am so joyful to have my faith in God as my strength... God's blessings to you and yours... I'll update as soon as I find out anything... Keith and Sara if you read this, I love you so much and praise God for allowing me to get to be your mama... Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment