March 8, 2010

The most random of things will be on here today... I just want to write down everything that has happened or that I've seen lately...

I turned 41 yesterday and other than noticing a few gray hairs I don't feel any different...

My brother had his first child, My nephew had his first child and his brother and my other sister's oldest daughter will soon be joining the ranks as new parents in July, so 4 babies in a year will be inducted into our family... I'm really happy for them...

I've been working since November on getting my Foster parent's license and I've finally finished all the requirements. The Social Worker has sent off to the bigwigs at the capital, to get my license established...

I hope I get a baby soon but it will be bittersweet because growing up as a foster child I know it will mean that a child became available because they were neglected or abused... not to mention the fact that you have to keep your heart pretty cold because you get attached so easily and they could only be with you from a day to years...

I've been so upset with my own children lately because they keep that NARCISSISM attitude constantly... it's never about anyone or anything else other than themselves and they seem to never reach out beyond that... I've finally gotten to the point that I don't want them to talk to me unless they can decide that they want to make better decisions in their life...

Have you read or listened to the news lately? What is the deal with all of these kids? I just read an article where a 9 year old girl put crushed up prescription pills into the water of her teacher because she was moved out of her class... What if that teacher had died? The girl actually bragged that she "HAD TAKEN CARE OF THE TEACHER"... that is pure out craziness...

You'll just have to bear it as I get all I need to get out...

A mother leaves her 11 year old daughter home alone with only ice cream and cookies to eat while she flies to Florida from Connecticut to see some guy... For a week mind you... This to me is insanity...

I'm guessing with all of this bull crap going on, I won't be lacking in having a foster child constantly in my home for some reason or other...

In all seriousness though, I am so thankful that I was given a wonderful foster home to grow up in and eventually adopted to when I was 7 weeks old and then adopted at 12some children aren't that lucky for being able to have such stability...

God has certainly blessed me throughout my whole entire life... I'm 41 and I'm still here...

God's peace to you!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment