November 11, 2008

GIVE OBAMA A CHANCE

Well, he did it...

Obama that is... He won... I'm so thrilled...

Some of my friends and family not so much...

Ever since they found out I had voted for him all I've heard is,

"I can't believe you don't think his agenda is out of whack"

or

"What about his background of Muslim beliefs?"

I just keep sending them links to snopes.com and try to squash the misleading information they've received.

Basically I see it like this...

Y'all Give him a chance...

I understand the folks that make over 100 grand a year are going to be upset because they might have to trade in their leased Mercedes or BMW and drive a more reasonable vehicle, or they might have to cancel their membership to the country club and play golf at a more public course, but honestly I don't have that much sympathy for you...

I make less than 20 grand a year...

I pay taxes on clothes I buy.
I pay taxes on food I buy.
I pay taxes on any purchases I make.
I pay taxes on the car I drive.
I pay taxes for the tag to be able to drive my car.
I pay taxes on the insurance to be able to drive my car.
I pay taxes on phone calls I make.
I pay taxes on meals I eat out.
I pay taxes on the house I sleep in.
I pay taxes on the money I make at my job.
I pay taxes on the electricity and water used at my house.
I pay taxes on the retirement money I have set aside.

Do you people realize that nothing we have or do is without some fee added on?

I'm sitting here trying to think of anything at all...

Gasoline is sold for about 40 cents a gallon to the wholesaler and then the other money equaling up to the 2 bucks or so we are paying now is the tax...

WOW, it kind of hits you in the face to see it written down like that...

What in the hell do they do with all that money?

Here I came on here to write about how I wish everyone will just give Obama a chance and I find out that every penny not just that I make but also that I spend gets taxed like hell...

Oh and get this... I was thinking... If the money I get paid is already taxed, and then it comes to me at my old age and is taxed, just how much money do I actually get back in my lifetime?

ughhh... Ok enough...

Please give him a chance, It's not like you have a choice now but I'm sure that you regular folks like me who aren't privledged enough to be wealthy will see that things might be turning in your favor...

I don't understand exactly how he's going to do it, I believe it's going to be taking a few more pennies by way of Tax money on IRS filings from the rich and then giving a few more pennies to the poor again by way of Tax money on IRS filings...

Now the one thing I don't agree with and I have yet to hear any ramblings other than idle gossip is that the ones who sit back and don't try to work, have somehow fanagled the system to receive welfare, food stamps and whatever else Government help they can get, are somehow going to be getting more financial help...

Don't get me wrong, I have seen my Grandparents have to buy less groceries in order to finance their medication so I'm definitely not speaking about the individuals who perhaps have worked in their lifetime and are retired, or those that are very ill...

I'm talking about folks that are in better health than I am and are driving the nice cars to the grocery stores and standing in line with their nice hairdo's and fresh manicures paying with a foodstamp card... That pisses me off...

If you are doing everything in your power to pay for your self and your life and you need a little help there's nothing wrong with that... but if not then I don't have the slightest give a damn about you and you piss me off because I am paying for your ass by way of my tax money to have them fingernails and hairdo's...

Ok so what I guess I'm trying to say is that this Robinhoodish style of policy, "Taking from the rich and giving to the poor" is somewhat ok by me as long as it gives to those who are without a doubt in need.

I do think that the Medicaid and Social Security Disability system should be revamped because I know in my job of people who came in with their disability paperwork to prove they were receiving benefits and in all honesty, there wasn't a damn thing wrong with them... I don't know if you can just walk in there to apply, act like your looney and get approved or what...

SO if I were President, let's just say here's what I'd do...

First off, figure out every penny of what is going to the WAR... if it's not used for substantial purposes like on our soldiers, then I will snatch some of that few billion dollars a month back...

Secondly, Figure out how to get a handle on our dependence on oil... I am all for the alternatives of oil, but if drilling here in the US will grant us independence then how come we don't do it?

Next and Obama already said he was going to go line by line and get rid of money hogging programs that aren't working...

We need to get a product being made back in America...

I don't care what it is but I want it to be something good enough that all the other countries will want it and it won't just be a fad thing that we'll have to shut down plants that make this product in a few years, thus laying off people and have us back in the same condition as now...

Prison systems are a huge pain in my ass... You got in trouble with the law, in most cases you've had alot of other chances until they finally gave you a definitive sentence... Now you sit there, you eat three meals a day, you get to watch television, you get all kinds of resources at your fingertips... Hell I've even heard of prisoners getting their law degree, etc while in jail... We need to fix this...

Somewhere there is-- let me look it up, be right back...

Ok I found it..

In Maricopa County, AZ the prisoners there live in tents, they don't get coffee, porn, unrestricted television and other "ya darn right" restrictions placed on them... I think this is how it should be... They have chain gangs that do alot of the work that needs to be done thereby giving free labor to serve the surrounding cities...

If that was in place all over then we would free up alot of state and federal tax money...


Ok so I've jumped around on this post but basically it comes down to this...

The country is in a state right now that anything that Barack Obama does in the White House will be better than doing nothing at all...

Is that not what has been happening for the last years?

God's Peace,

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment