October 17, 2006

Discrimination or Example?

I usually don't talk too much about my work place but after much thought, I think I will...

On a prior post I had written a letter to my boss requesting that she not fire me for my incessant tardiness...

I never gave her the letter but after being a few more times late, I was called into her office and she had a nice written warning for me...

She told me that if I was late once more she was going to suspend me for two weeks with no pay... It wouldn't be that terrible if I could afford to be out of work then I could go be with "S" for a while but unfortunately I like so many other people live paycheck to paycheck... So for the last few weeks, I can guarandamnteeya I haven't been late...

Here's the kicker though, there are about 5 other people who are late at least every other day and do you think she has written them up?

Ummm Nope... I don't know why I am singled out and possibly discriminated against when so many of the others in this office do the same thing... Upon discussion of this with one of my co-workers who has been here for a hundred years, she advised me that if it were her, she'd warn them that if they were going to suspend me then they damn sure were going to suspend the others too...

Anyway Whatever, I've been logging everyone that has been late and what time they arrived and when the day comes, and believe me I am not a morning person and I know it will, that I am late again... I'm going to have to show them a few things... It might get me fired instead of just suspended but I still think it's unfair...

Ok so let's see what else is going on... "S" is positively divine with the exception of when he is tired and then he isn't so much favorable, but I certainly miss him beyond words... We have the best time talking and chatting... He truly is not just my lover but my very best friend too... I am so anxious for us to be together on a permanent basis and the more time that goes by keeps me worrying that this is just a phase that will play out and we will never have our chance... I have been praying a lot about it and asking God that if it is his will for us to be together could he push things along because I am ready and always impatient...

Have a great weekend...

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment