As much as I hate to admit it, as much as I wished it wasn't true, I think I sincerely am a Man Hater...
Y'all they are all the same... Their true selves might not be presented right away to us women, but lemme tell you they all boil down to the same type of person...
Let me be fair and just summarize the men I've been in some sort of relationship with:
Ex: When I met him, I was a very naive young girl that thought him being a bad boy was exactly what I wanted out of life... His drugging and drinking to me was chaotic and I couldn't understand why he would want to keep up with a lifestyle that landed him in and out of trouble with the law but my involvement with allowing him to pick me up to stay with him on nights when he didn't have anyone else, or my bailing him out of jail during one of his DUI's, was to me exciting and dramatic and kept me busy for a few years... Then I grew up... Moved away.. he found me again.. I thought now that we were older things would be different and yes he quit the hard drugs, but in all actuality he was still a full blown alcoholic tv-addicted bore with no further aspirations than to watch television for the next however many years he has left on this planet... Our functionality became him drinking, and me bitching and nagging... Finally I bitched loud and often enough that he finally had all he could take and moved on to someone that didn't mind his lifestyle so much...
Rebound guy: Let's just say I thought I would be able to jump right back into a marriage and life with the next guy that came along and in his defense I have to say that he had already been jilted and knew that he wouldn't be jumping into anything too soon. He tried to keep me at arms length and take it slow but I was not having any of it and soon started bitching and nagging my way right out of that relationship too...
HIM: It was the thrill of trying to get his attention and trying to be a shining light in one's life when I thought his life was so miserable if I could just be that person that he needed so much in order for him to have a bit of happiness... (uhh Denise, spreading your legs for him wasn't the exact way to go about it) In all fairness, I really loved him and I think he loved me as much as his ego would have allowed him to love other human beings... I played martyr in a situation that was not mine to try and fix and eventually he got tired of the strings that went along with my help...
D: This chapter isn't closed yet so I plead the fifth...
Married Man: Trying so hard to get away from him but I keep going back for more of the attention that I so hungrily starve for... I pray I will have news soon that I have left him and what he represents behind me...
I look at this and I see that I am truly looking for love but I'm never going to find it because I have that thing which I seek's definition completely wrong...
How can you know where to look for something when you don't know it's exact meaning?
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment