Beware, I've just watched it pour hail from the sky in buckets, then all of a sudden the sky turned beautifully sunny and the birds are chirping all over the place so I'm in one of those sentimental awe filled moods...
Last weekend when I went to Savannah, I saw my oldest sister who when my mom died a few years ago had been put as executor over my Mom's estate. So when I was visiting my sister this past weekend, we sat down with my mother's old jewelry box and went through everything...
My mother had always collected pigs... Any kind of pig ... We even once tried to buy her a live pig but she wouldn't have been able to care for it.. Suffice it to say, Mama had figurines and what-nots, basically anything having to do with a pig she had it... enough probably to fill a couple of rooms in her house but she also had one necklace that we had gotten custom made for her one year on her birthday... It was a gold figuro chain that was about 28 inches long and we had a butter bean-sized gold pig made to be the charm that hung from it...
My Mother loved it... She wore it every chance she got, and so I knew that would be the one piece of jewelry that I would want to have ... Among the other pieces, I found a pair of rose earrings, and also her favorite ring that she always wore which was a blue topaz...
When I got home from Savannah, I had put all of the jewelry down on my bar table and today as I write this, I am doing my Saturday cleaning and came across the pieces of jewelry... I put the ring on a necklace I had and am now wearing it.. I feel close to my Mom today for some reason and even though today doesn't mark any type of day for rememberance of her, like her death anniversary, birthday or anything, I still feel like dedicating today in her memory..
So Here's to you Mama... I miss you more than words could ever express and I wear your ring around my neck as my sentiment towards you... Rest in peace until we are all together as a family again in heaven...
I love you...
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment