February 6, 2006

I don't think so...

You would think that cops would know the law... Of course, I wouldn't have known it had I not looked it up...

Friday night I got pulled over for speeding and the cop says I was doing 53 in a 35... Well, He decides to give me a warning because he doesn't want to ruin my license by adding any points to it (how gracious of you asshole!) but instead tells me that he is giving me a citation for a lesser offense of- GET THIS, not having my registration card signed...

$154.00 for not having my REGISTRATION CARD SIGNED ON THE BACK!

So here I am with Chicken fingers for Brutus from McDonald's thinking "Damn these are some expensive ass Nuggets, they just cost me 154 bucks...

All weekend I'm upset because all of my bills are paid, I got a little money in the bank and now it's going to be eat up by some lame ass ticket...

Well, I get to work this morning and I look up the SC LAW...

and WHATTA YA KNOW...

A bill was passed in MARCH OF 2005, whereby the clause of having to sign the registration card and being fined was amended and NO LONGER EXISTS!

Now WHOSE YOUR DADDY BOYS! Stupid ass Cop!

Yes, you must have your registration card in your possession if stopped, but it is not a requirement that it be signed...

So I'm all on my mighty horse making the call to the city judge, thinking I could get out of it by phone.. Umm NOPE, I have to appear in court with the ticket on the court date just to wait for the judge when he is good and ready to tear up the ticket which is NULL AND VOID IN THE FIRST PLACE... SOOOOOOOOO INCOMPETENT!!!

If there is anything that I hate more in life than a LIAR, it is STUPIDITY!

I ask of you, how come the cops do not know this? Is it because out of 100 people who get a ticket on the same charge, if only 88 of them fight the charge, then that means that 12 of them paid the 154 bucks which made the town (yes I had to get my calculator) almost 2 grand!!! SO...

PEOPLE IF YOU GET A TICKET, FIGHT IT IF YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE WORTH THE ARGUMENT!

speaking of fighting for stuff... oops, Nevermind, gotta get back to work, I'll tell you about it on next post..

G'day Mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment