I love Valentines Day, with its whisper in the air that maybe just maybe there will be flowers and chocolates and cards aplenty...
Ok so that might be true to some but for me, I love walking in the stores the day after and watching the people hoard up the leftovers...
Day old roses with a tinge of wilt hanging from each petal, stuffed animals that don't really give a shit because they'll just be packed away only to be brought out again the next year with no one being the wiser. Stale candy from 2 years ago trying to catch the eye of some desperate last minute shopper...
I should have labeled this post Bitterness!!! No not true honestly...
In looking back to my Valentines Days of yonder, I remember candy and homemade cards from my kids, sexy lingerie from my ex (not often believe me) I never got flowers though... Well, "HE" at one time gave me a flower that I kept pressed in a book for a long while until I decided it really didn't mean anything anymore... "He" even told me that he would give me a pile of Tulips if he could... those being my favorite but I guess he couldn't exactly sneak them past anyone that might be noticing such... Oh well, those days are long gone and mostly forgotten...
Today is the most beautiful romantic day of the year for lovers, couples, married folks, for basically EVERYONE.. and I say Celebrate... Give her that engagement ring you've been holding off on, Tell him that you are in love with him, call Granny and wish her a good day... fix old grudges, make Valentines Day a new fresh start in your life.. whether you have someone or not..
Happy VD day.. Oops I mean Valentines Day!!!! of course.. (giggle)
Roses and chocolate kisses to you and yours...
And Happy VD to you too! :-p
ReplyDelete