January 18, 2006

Moment of Clarity .. perhaps?

I had an epiphany last night...

While that howlish wind was making me and Brutus shiver in our britches, I started thinking about going home to Georgia...

I know what you are thinking...

"Oh Denise, Don't tuck your tail in and run, that isn't the answer!"

But, what if it is?

I looked back over my past 10+ years in South Carolina, and could not think of many good things that have came from me moving here in the first place. In fact I can't help but think that had I stayed in Georgia, my family would still be intact.

Let's look at the series of events shall we?


Moved to SC July 1996
Ex started cheating with high school gf June 1998
Ex started drinking after being sober for four years Sept 1998
Ex moved out for 6 months Oct 2000
Ex moved to Texas Nov 2003
I haven't had a serious relationship or met anyone that I would remotely consider moving in with much less marrying for over 2 years.

Here's the kicker... It's on the state house floor to raise sales tax and eliminate Property Taxes!...

If they do this, I will have no software to maintain, I will have NO JOB!

So...

When Ex first left, my family said... why are you still in SC? Well, it was because of my beautiful house.. now that is gone...

Then it was.. well, I'm still here because of my job.. Mhmmmm

NOW WHAT?

Here's what I would do if I could...

Get my Kids, find a good job in GA, find a cool place to live, get to hang with my family a lot, be a devoted godmother to my cousin's new baby about to be born this summer, meet someone wonderful that would love to be an addition to me and my children's lives.

FACT: I AM NOT HAPPY AND HAVE BEEN KIDDING MYSELF FOR A LONG TIME...

FACT: I AM AWARE THAT GOING HOME MAY NOT BE ALL I AM THINKING IT WOULD BE BECAUSE MY FAMILY HAS THEIR OWN LIVES

FACT: I AM SO UNSURE OF ANYTHING IN MY LIFE THESE DAYS EXCEPT THAT EX AND I BOTH AGREE THAT SC SCHOOLS ARE NOT UP TO PAR BUT THIS WAY I CAN TAKE THE KIDS TO GA SCHOOLS WHICH ARE ON A MUCH HIGHER STANDARD THAN SC ONES AND BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM LIVE WITH ME ON A FULL-TIME BASIS.


isn't what always turns out to be the most important thing in life ... FAMILY?

lots to think over...

be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment