I am all for babies, I love babies, I don't mind being around babies...
But...
By the time they reach toddler age, they better have some kind of training instilled in them so that they can be taken into a restaurant and act somewhat reasonable...
This was not the case with best friend's child this past weekend...
I don't know why this particular incident of eating out with him was such a catastrophe except that it was one of the nicer restaurants instead of our usual grab lunch anywhere places, but it really has made me second guess as to whether I will be having dinner with best friend whenever she has "the kid" with her.
Long story short, anything you put in front of that child, he threw across the table or across the room. After about five minutes of being seated, I ran up to the bar begging for some crackers or something to occupy him... Needless to say that when the pre-packaged saltines arrived, "the kid" took them and squeezed them together and then ascertained to put them into his blue-jean overalls pocket...
I finally looked at him and told him that in a few seconds, we were going to take a trip to the bathroom and he was going to get a spanking if he couldn't be good..
Y'all... DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT LITTLE BLUE-EYED, CURLY DARK-HEADED, HANDSOME LITTLE DEMON DID?
He looked right across at his mother... squinted his eyes, and said... "No pankin', I Precious"...
Well, that just did her in as usual, and I had to admit it kinda choked me up a little bit too cause damn he is so adorable that you just can't stay mad at his little behind...
but still... I talked it over with best friend that evening during our regular phone chat, and told her that for her sake, if she doesn't get this nipped in the bud, she'll never be able to enjoy time out at a restaurant... (plus I won't either!)
My Children never did this at anytime in their lives. I don't know if they just knew with one look from me not to dare or what, but I've actually had strangers walk up to us in restaurants and tell me how well behaved they are...
Ok So next subject...
I'm in love... Yep, you heard right... I haven't actually met him in person, but it's just a matter of time before we begin our lives together.
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING... I can't believe it either... It sounds utterly ridiculous even to me, but it's true...
Y'all will just have to wait for something more concrete from me to see what develops...
So that's it for now.. Stay tuned...
PEACE!
No comments:
Post a Comment