But MMMMMM... Last night was soooo delightful...
ok ok.. I'll get there...
Woke up Thursday to no power, trees down everywhere.
New guy takes me to his house where it is nice and warm but to our chagrin an hour later a limb falls on his power line and the whole shebang shuts down. So after shipping the kid off to his mother where her house was powered, we went to new guy's friends house.
I have to thank Frank and Tracy so very much for their hospitality to invite me a stranger into their home, even though they knew my friend, it still made me feel so special. They were using a generator for a little while to run a little heater but then ended up lighting a fire in the fireplace.
It brought tears to my eyes to be sitting next to new guy as both he and I watched Tracy and Frank with their two children being such a family with one another. I was too embarrassed to look at new guy but I think he was as choked up as I was.
By nightfall we knew we couldn't impose on these nice folks any longer so we trekked over to my house to see if the power was back on which it wasn't, so I grabbed my flannel nightgown and robe and a change of clothes and went over to his house.
He was able to turn a single breaker on that ran the gas heat and after lighting some candles, we settled in for what turned out to be a very romantic evening.
Him in his flannel pajamas and me in mine, We both laughed at one another and called each other Gramma and Grandpa.
Of course.... Wearing a thong underneath my nightgown, I told him I was the sexiest Granny he had ever seen to which he affirmed most appreciatively.
Y'all we don't talk about the past, we don't talk about the future. We just exist in TODAY...
Right Now.. For some reason... Though I have never lived my life in this way, I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT...
I have always been so focused on what the past can tell me, and what the future holds that as I've discussed many times on here before, I'm always stepping all over TODAY...
Not with him... He is so attentive to me, everything thus far is almost too good to be true and yesterday being our first time spending a whole day and night together just leads me to believe that fate may have finally stepped in.
I know... Puke... I can't help it.. I'm a hopeless romantic...
Y'all stay warm...
No comments:
Post a Comment