November 4, 2005

Update in progress!

Work has been crazy!

When you have 278,000 people wanting to know why their tax bills on their house is so high, somebody's gotta explain to them and somebody might have to modify their bill when they are eligible for certain exemptions.

That is where I come in.

I have to manage the program on the computer to accept my codes, calculate a new value, and ultimately spit out a new bill thereby making the taxpayer happy because it is most of the time at a much lower rate.

When I am able to give the senior citizen discount which is like 500 bucks off the bill (called Homestead in our state) I get a lot of hugs and smiles because they are so appreciative that a Government office is on their side. (Yeah right!)

I hate to bust their bubbles though because next year the increase for property values for appreciation (done every 5 years)is going to have them lining up against the wall wanting to bitch to somebody about the government. Poor Things!

I guess that is why I rent...

I mean when it comes down to it, does anyone actually own their property?

NO.. because I can guarantee you that if the county needed your property, that they would make you an offer 2 times. If you didn't accept the offers, they automatically seize it. NO LIE! seems unethical doesn't it? Our Country does it all the time!!

Ok so lets get to me and my wants and needs and desires... Because of course it is ALL ABOUT ME!!!

Of which is this new guy let's call him YOUNG STUDLY!!... OOOH LORDY! I have to skip over the last couple of guys because he is most precedent!

I'm very leary, or is it weary, because he is only 32. But his birthday is only 3 days away from mine. We have a lot in common and we met this time NOT from the internet, but from a friend that works with me whose brother is his best friend.

Last night was our first date... and of course as normal for me, someone that I truly want to impress, it goes a little something like this:

Folks, Can it be anymore ironic that as soon as I get in this young cute boy's truck, we get going down the highway... KABOOMMMMMMMM!!!

HIS TIRE BLOWS OUT!

I swear.. I mean HOW JINXED DOES A GIRL HAVE TO BE TO FINALLY GET THE HINT IN HER BRAIN THAT SHE NEEDS TO JUST LEAVE THESE POOR FELLAS ALONE.

He was completely amazed that it happened.

I was just happy that nothing other than that happened. I mean I am bad luck at the word go and expected at any moment to have some crazy person or persons come and rob us or kill us or something while we were on the interstate..

Anyway he looked majorly cute up underneath that truck trying to get the jack in line so he could get the tire off.

I had to tell him,

"Well, if it's any consolation, you look mighty sexy under there changing that tire!" He laughed, and I guess I had broken the ice then.

We went on to dinner and called it an early night. I like him, I am not sure if he likes me... AINT THAT HOW LIFE IS?

We'll see...

Anyway, lots of other stuff to say, but gotta get back to work.

Latest pic of kids I just had to share!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment