Here's how things happened.
I was showing my roommate how to use the chatrooms and found a name at the bottom of a room list. "New Guy" had a very plain profile with no picture. I sent him a message, we progressed over a few days to telephone calls, and thus we had our first date friday night.
We had dinner and then sat on my front porch swing talking until 4am. It was really cool. I told him how messed up emotionally I am and that he should probably know that if he had any ideas about me, that he should know that I am only wanting a friend and that I plan on taking a long time to get to know someone before I even think about a physical relationship with them. He seems accepting of it, in fact agreeing that this too is what he wants from someone.
He has been a fireman for the last 12 years and was married for 10 years with two young daughters. I guess we will see what develops. He has that boy next door look about him but when we started talking on the phone he at first came across as a real southern "good ole boy".
My first impression when talking to him the first time on the phone was that he might be too unintelligent for me, but as the conversation lengthened, I noticed his vocabulary was extensive and on chat, he didn't misspell any words. He is exactly in the same place in his life where I am in that he doesn't have a clue what he wants but that he knows he would like to spend time with someone decent.
All I can say right now is that he seems to be a nice guy and I hope that we can become good friends and see what else develops.
Tonight my daughter and I packed a few of her things away to take back to Texas. It was a sad thing but she seems excited to return to her friends and the school there. Earlier today we had a talk about sex. I had not even thought of discussing the subject with her, it just happened. She seemed amazed at the fact that a man's certain body part goes where it does and I bore into her mind time and again during our talk that it "HURTS LIKE HELL" when you have sex for the first time and that she would bleed a lot. Please God let that keep her from sex at least until after college. (at least 10 years away.) I don't think I should discuss sex with my son even though he is 19 months older than she is. I will leave that up to his dad.
Hmmmm.. I just got a tinge of the crazies. "Nice Guy" is on a 24 hour shift tonight at the fire station but said he would call. He has not called yet.
SHIT... I guess that's it!!
Well dagumit, he said that if he gives his word on something, you can count on it..
1.. 2... 3.. I'm still counting...
HMMMMMM...
Prime example of why I'm such a psychogirl.
No comments:
Post a Comment