August 10, 2005

I thought I was smart

Roommate has decided to join the Army. In order to do so, and since he dropped out in 10th grade, he'll have to get a GED. I looked online for some pre-tests to print out for him and decided to take a stab at doing them myself.

Now even though I have a programming degree, and consider myself intelligent, it was quickly put to the test with these exams. Out of 20 basic algebra questions, I got 12 wrong. I was blown away and thought, "Well, that's ok, I will move on to the grammar questions."

Ummm No! Out of 15, I got 6 wrong. Something is definitely out of synch. I am so angry at myself for not being as smart as I thought I was. Then again I should have known I was dumb solely for my choice in the man I fell so completely in love with.

Which takes me to "new guy".

He finally called me and we talked for a few moments. He asked when he could see me again but I told him that my children are going back to Texas this weekend and I wanted to see them off before I could make time to go out again.

I really need to vent here for a moment because though he really seems to be a good-hearted and decent man, he comes across like a very uneducated man.

I am really trying to understand how a man that served in the military for I think 5 years he said, then was a bull rider for about 8 years, and now a fireman for the last 12 years, can be uneducated. I am really confused. I know he isn't lying about his past though and if you met him, in five seconds or less you'd look at me and say "YOU WERE RIGHT!"

I just don't want to get deeply involved with someone that I will have to always show him how to do things. But then again, I also know that I think in order for me to have a relationship for the long haul, I am going to have to have all the control, and with this man, I know I would.

He is definitely a "Whatever you want baby girl" type of guy. He is incredibly sweet, has great manners and not too bad on the eyes.

I asked him if I brought him in front of my family at some point, was I going to have to look at him and tell him to hush cause he was talking too much. (He talks a lot!)

He said, "Naw, I don't mind you stoppin' me before I make an ass outta myself"

but in the same sense, he said he would probably do the same to me and if I didn't take his subtle looks as warning signals, then he'll just get in the truck when it was time to leave and laugh at me. I thought that was major CUTE.

Upon the winding down of our date Friday night, he kinda slipped his hand through mine and said, "Look at these little stubs of hands I have." Of course all I could think of when he said that was "Oh shit, little hands, little dick" so the next day during our phone conversation I had to be tactful and told him that I really hoped he wouldn't think bad of me but I was wondering if the myth about small hands was true and had to ask about the size of his ..

uhh..

his..

MMMM HMMMMMMMM...

and instead of getting antsy, etc, he just chuckled and said, "Now why would I be upset at that?" ** "You think I wasn't wondering all night just how big them tits of yours were?" I laughed my ass off at that.

Blunt and comical! Gotta love that!

I think God has put someone in front of me that I can get along with and that we might actually fit..

OH LORD .. I know what you're thinking..

"DAMN DENISE, YOU"VE BEEN OUT ONE TIME".. I know.. I know... Believe me damnit.. I KNOW...

In other news, work mate with gay son.. The shit has hit the fan.. Three guesses which direction it's slinging... Tell ya about it later.. PEACE OUT!


PS: If I hang with "new guy" for much longer, this country "twang" is going to be busting out all over the place.

** No more wondering, he assured me things were fine in that department even if not overly abundant. Hmmm.. I might be needing me some "abundant!"

No comments:

Post a Comment