August 4, 2005

GRRRRRRRR...

Well, I had a post written and clicked the spell check and it disappeared. Dang.. Let me see if I can sum it up really quickly.

My Friend at work has a 19 year old son. He is discovering his sexuality and is slowly figuring out now what we all knew a long time ago. He is gay. He is afraid to tell his mother who when I asked her bluntly a long while back about it, said no, but I think deep down she knows. He told me today during a few moments of just me and him talking, that he is afraid if he tells her, that she won't love him anymore. I am wondering if I should talk to her about it and tell her what his fears are, or if I should just stay out of it. I know that if someone knew something as serious as this about my child, that I would want them to discuss it with me. In that instant of talking with him today, I was immediately flooded with thoughts of just how many young people are out there in this world today who are dealing with this exact same situation. I feel for all of them. I don't know the morality answer of it, I don't know the spiritual answer of it, but I do know that it is WHAT IS IN THE HERE AND NOW, and IT NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED AND NOT BRUSHED ASIDE.

Met someone new.. He's nice.. We'll see.. That's all I can say about that..

Sexy girl that comes in my office was in recently. The one with the vine tattoo on her upper arm. DAMN SHE IS MIGHTY FINE.. She probably thinks I'm old enough to be her mother. She couldn't be more than 24 years old.

I have thought of an idea to make "HIM" pay for hurting me. I know I am smart enough to do it, I have the means to do it, I just don't have the expertise that he does nor the contacts to make it be recognized enough to be so explosive that it would makes him drop his chin in amazement and admit that he had no idea who he was dealing with. Hell, I probably could walk up to him with Jesus Christ beside me and he'd never admit anything. Hmm.. I'll think about it some more. If I am going to do something like get into his business end of life, it would have to be POSITIVELY MIND BLOWING!

Walking in corridors at work, got caught behind a couple who had obviously just came from the Marriage License office. This hand-holding pair looked rather cute and soooo young. Wanted to shout out "DON"T DO IT!" but held off. After a few more moments of walking, I saw her look at him and exclaim proudly, "WOW, we are getting married!" Then I saw him do a slow affirming nod to the floor and I just knew he was thinking, "Oh shit, what have I got myself into?"

1 comment:

  1. No... no... no... (LOL), IMO, you should definitely NOT talk to his mother about his sexual orientation.

    Coming out is a sensitive subject and he has to do it on his own terms, in his own time.

    Going around him and talking to her could and probably would do more harm than good. And I'm sure you don't want to be responsible for causing a riff between them when your intentions were only to help.

    I think it's pitiful that so many young people are afraid to talk to their loved ones about their sexual orientation out of fear of rejection and loss of love but sadly, that's just the way it is and getting in the middle of it, IMHO, would only cause hurt.

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete