June 5, 2005

My First Blog Review

I received an email recently from a woman in England that has reviewed my blog and posted her comments about it on her site. (http://thegirlbehind.blogspot.com/2005/06/blog-review-of-journey-of-woman.html ) By the way if someone could just show me once how to label this link I promise I could learn it in the first try..

I feel glad that someone took the time to not only read my web log but review it as well and I wanted to address a few of the things she said. First off, there are thousands of blogs to choose from and most of them actually allow you to take with you after reading it, some kind of knowledge whereas mine I think sadly is nothing more than a silly personal diary.

I could understand where someone would assume that I just "get it out and down on paper" because I'll admit, I write what I am thinking and add this to the fact that I am not the best one for punctuation. I have had a serious problem all of my life with comma's. (sheesh add this to my other crazy shit and I might be an obsessive!) I want to put a wholeeeeeee bunch of them where they don't need to be and then not put them in where they should.

So just to let you know, if I ever were to reach my dream of writing a novel.. I guarandamntee ya, that little baby would have to have one helluva editor.. So we know I can't punctuate for shit, and oh my lord.. conversational quotation marks? forget it.. I don't know where to begin them or end them..

So the next thing I think was my use of a very plain template... WHICH.. just happens to be cool that she mentioned it because I did it on purpose.. I am not a frilly... lacy... person.. I think classic is beautiful.. and if you've ever been to sites where you have to maneuver over every damn thing to get it to appear.. It's a pain in the ass.. So I actually did choose this template with the reader in mind.

Next was.. ( I removed them now) the links that I had not bothered with, the google me etc.. I honestly had not even paid attention to that.. I think I'll work in the future on posting the listing of my daily blog reads.. I am an addict of about 7 of them.. they are all so good and I've mentioned a few on my previous entries.

I think those were the only comments she made on her review that I truly wanted to explain and overall I think I am doing well in her eyes. I would be interested to know what someone else would say too.. I am so damn narcissistic it's pathetic.. Hell who isn't at least just a little bit though really?

1 comment:

  1. I just passed by your blog, and I agree with everything that person said. You have an awesome blog! I, too, really like the simple, plain template. Very, very nice!

    PS--I'm pretty good with punctuation, and your commas really aren't that bad!

    ReplyDelete