May 28, 2005

TODAY'S THE DAY!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! ... In just about 6 hours my children will be arriving from driving all night from Texas. I am so damn excited...

After work last night my friend asked me to go to an Auction with her because they had a truck for sale that she wanted to bid on for her son. Well, I thought it was an auction where they introduce vehicles and you bid on them. (I really didn't want to go.. I already have my "BELLA" <==my Jeep)

Come to find out it was an Estate Auction of these really old people and the truck just happened to be one of the items they were auctioning off. Some really cool antiques and furniture, and old as the hills china.. Anyway like I said, I had never experienced it and for those of you that never have either, it is a pretty entertaining way to spend a few hours.

When you first go in, they check your name and your license (new signups) and then they give you a bidder number on a big index card. This is what you throw into the air when you want to bid on something. Anyway, when it got started, that guy was talking so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying, but pretty soon I understood that if no one bid at one price he'd keep going down on it.. He'd go as low as 2.50 on things and as cheap as I am, I was liking that price.. I got into it and was bidding on every damn thing.. but I think the highest bid I would raise my card for was 50.00 on some really old nightstands.. It was unreal what some of those antiques went for .. example: this really cool antique wooden icebox as they called it.. now I happen to have one in my house so I pretty much didn't need it but I knew the value of it..

I told my friend that I guaranteed it would not go for less than 400.00 and sure enough.. by the time these two people were done flipping their cards up in the air and having a bidding war, that piece sold for $600.00. But then this other piece of furniture y'all.. it was an armoir that was about 8 feet high in deep mahogany. It wasn't nearly as old as the icebox, and it sold for 300.00. But then this other piece oh my heavens, this lucky couple got it for 45.00 damn dollars.. I almost went to them and asked if they wanted to sell it to me for what they paid and another 50.. but I held off.. I mean this is my first Auction.... I am going to pace myself and probably end up going to these things once a month and ending up with shit I don't need.. Anyway, it was fun.

As I was driving the long distance to come home, my mind went to "him" and I think I've figured out why.

There is this stretch of highway with an underpass, and for some reason, every single time I get to that part, he pops into my head..unless of course he isn't there already. I think I've figured out that when I get to that underpass on my morning commute is about the time we used to have our everyday phone call. Which of course would make sense right?

Well, I called him. I was worried shitless that it being only 10:30 at night he might not pay attention and pick it up and I'd have to say something.. but he didn't answer and I was able to carry on a conversation to his sexy voiced answering machine... Which suited me just fine..

Now hear this, I had not had anything to drink at all.. during the auction I had a Dr. Pepper and a piece of Pizza.. so I wanted to make sure I told him this.. because here I was.. stone cold sober and one of my favorite songs which describes exactly how I feel about "him" was playing, and I started singing to his VM.. By the time I was done, I am pretty sure I had sang about two chorus's of it..

Now Damn!!! I would never do that drunk and y'all I have no idea why I did it sober.. but I did.. I got some balls don't I?

Hey that isn't the only reason I got balls.. I must have huge onessss because I called my friend and told him to get his ass in the car and meet me at this club.. and he was too tired, so I called another one and she has a baby so she couldn't go.. I almost went to see if I could round' up my drunk old next door neighbor... but thank goodness I was not that desperate for company.

so.. FOLKS.... I went home.. took a shower.. got all "bar ready" and went to the club myself..

Shit, I gotta go.. I'll have to write more later.. Grocery store run before the kids get here...

2 hours ETA.. YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEE.. (sorry, wrote a while.. stopped a while.. now it's like almost 3pm.. and I started this at 9:30am..)

1 comment:

  1. So???

    How's it going with the kids???

    Hope all is well and that your kids are as happy to be there as you are to have them here!!!

    ReplyDelete