May 23, 2005

Time is flying...

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that once you hit age 25 time starts flying at an incredible rate? At 25 I was beginning my life as a married woman about to have my first child. By 27 I was on my second, and last child, and living as a true "Mommy".

The next few years flew by and by 35 I was a single mother wondering where the hell my life went. Now at 36, I'm seeing the "work in progress" that is ME! I haven't a clue who it is I am supposed to be, or exactly what my purpose in life is.

It isn't like I'm making a huge dent in society and putting my mark on this earth. Nevertheless, I am here and until God says, "Ok girlie, your time is up", I guess I'll just make the most of it. My children are arriving a week earlier than planned and I am so excited to have them home for the summer. I can't wait to see them running around at our neighborhood park all sweaty from having a grand time with their friends and asking me to run to the convenience store and buy them a drink. (Because a Coke just tastes better when it's fresh out of the cooler from the Exxon!)

What I miss most is when I would put them to bed and my little girl and I have this little saying. I start with "Who loves you?" and she'll respond "You do." and then I'll say "Who loves me?" and she'll say "I do." Then when I tuck her covers in she always has this sigh of complete contentment on her face like it is exactly the place where she wants to be. All tucked in and comfy in her little pajamas and ready to fall asleep. She is so cute especially when she was a baby and you could just tell that she was so HAPPY..

My son of course, being all "grown" up isn't one for me tucking him in or anything. He is mostly a "Night Mom" "smack smack" kiss once guy and he usually has his television on, set to the Nickelodeon channel until he falls asleep.

I am looking forward to a lazy hazy Summer spent with my beautiful children. Jeez.. they grow up so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment