May 8, 2005

ramblings of a saturday night

Last night my friend and I went out to what was supposed to be just dinner. We ended up having a few drinks and decided to go bar hopping. These are not places for intelligent women to go to meet intelligent men.

Among a few of the men that intruded upon us was a little wisp of a man complete with chains around his neck and a "gods gift to women" attitude. "yuck"! A cocky young boy that thought if he complimented us enough we'd take him home with us. A somewhat goodlooking older man that got rude because we did not want to dance with him.

We left one bar within five minutes because we seemed to be the oldest ones there then we went to another bar and locked the keys in the car. Since the place was not too far away from my house, we decided to walk home to retrieve my other set of keys.

Here we were, two slightly intoxicated women in the middle of the night walking about 3 miles to get keys to open the door to a vehicle and then arriving back to the car remembering we were too drunk to drive. I have no idea why we didn't just call a cab. So for a while we sat in the car and made phone calls on my cell phone to people we knew.

One of my people was "him" Oh lord I hated waking up this morning and remembering I had called and made a fool of myself once again to his voice mail. I couldn't even tell you what I said except "i love you" repeatedly. How pathetic is that?

I am embarrassed and needless to say have learned that I don't make a good drunk though I practice it on rare occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment