Brutus My 10 year old Chihuahua...
I miss how you would have died protecting me from anyone that you thought wanted to come near me and might hurt me, everyone thought it was rude but deep down I always smiled about it...
I miss the way you cocked your head to one side when I asked you if you wanted to go outside or something and then you would run around in 2 complete circles exactly to affirm your answer...
I miss the way you would cradle your head in my palm when I had my arm outstretched to go to sleep at night to get me to rock you like a little baby and sing to you...
I miss the way you would roll your little 5 pound body over the little rubber ball to play with it and get it rolling around the room...
I miss how you would crawl up under the blanket in your bed and make a nest digging in your little tiny paws to get it just right...
I miss when I had you in the kitchen behind the baby gate or even if my bedroom door was closed and you couldn't get to me you would yelp "Ma ma I love you" and it would sound exactly like it...
I miss how you would jump in the air to grab the delectable cheese sticks you loved so much even though you were too old for such acrobatics...
I miss when I said, "Bru Bru you love me?" and you would blink your eyes twice at me...
I'm so sorry I didn't take better care of you and maybe you would have lived longer...
I'm so sorry that you had arthritis and couldn't get up the deck steps anymore and I would yell at you sometimes to hurry up and climb up...
I'm sorry I didn't mate you and let you sire some children...
I'm so sorry that you had kidney failure and I had to put you to sleep...
You saw me through my Parent's deaths, my divorce, my children leaving me...
How many of the nights I would be crying in bed and you would be right beside me licking the tears... comforting me with expressions and whimpers only I could understand...
I love you so much and I will miss you more than anyone in my lifetime...
you were always there for me...
Thank you for every moment of joy you gave to me on this Earth...
I had you cremated so I can talk to your little urn of ashes while I run around the house doing my normal things...
I love you MY BRUTUS...
My bestest friend in the whole world...
Please tell my Mother I love her so much when you get up there to Heaven...
Always, Your Ma Ma
No comments:
Post a Comment