On a Side note, I am totally into this presidential election this time. I am completely torn up on who to vote for... So if you hate politics or you just don't give a damn, you'd better skip on by this post and I'll have some more of Gabriel and Shane's story soon...
Ok... Here we go...
When Bill Clinton was President, I was a class parent at my children's school and we had the most wonderful programs set up for 30 minute reading sessions for the struggling children who needed extra attention. This program was fabulous and maybe I'm just dumb and these programs are set at a more state or local level, but I swear that just as soon as Clinton left office and Bush stepped in, the reading program and other educational programs disappeared... It wasn't like we were getting paid for it, but there were additional supplies for these programs and I am assuming the money was cut for them... What a shame... Now I'm only saying this because another thing that I remember is that I seemed to have a bit more change in my pocket back when Clinton was President not to mention the air was just a little crisper it seemed back then... I swear I think I smiled more back then too... Anyway...
I know Bill probably had most things to do with the goings on of president at the white house but I truly believe that Mrs. Clinton was actually the backbone of that administration... we all know the ABSOLUTE TRUTHFUL SAYING ... BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN IS A GREAT WOMAN! I totally believe that... I swore that if she ran for president, I'd vote for her...
I really want to but here's my dilemma... and Am I the only one thinking it????
Let's say the Presidency is down to Clinton or Obama, and McCain or Huckabee...
Who will win?
Now please don't get me wrong I grew up in total prejudice in the deep south and at one time or another can honestly say I was influenced but at this time in my life I couldn't care less if a person is black, white, purple or green. I'm just too used to my atmosphere here in South Carolina of different races, to notice anything other than a person's character... but I am going to say what I know some others are thinking even if for only a brief moment but are too afraid to admit...
Racism is still going live and well in this country... Obama could be the best thing in the world. I am even somewhat for him because he's a FRESH TAKE... but let's face it... He's black and there are a lot and I mean a lot of people still with that demeanor going... "Ehhhhh, I don't know... I mean he's a black man, and he has that kinda weird name"... I know it sounds terrible but be honest and think about how primitive our society still is...
But then again, LOOKS AND POPULARITY GET YOU EVERYWHERE... I swear Bill Clinton won on his smile and charisma... Sure Barack's nice to look at, he's got a beautiful smile, he's articulate as hell and he seems so much more sincere to me than the other candidates... I think he really has the "POPULAR" vote... But... "The good ole redneck boys" closeted and otherwise might have other plans... I guess we'll just have to see...
So back to our Girl... Senator Clinton... She's busted ass all of her career... She would work her ass off for this country I'm sure, but also she might be "MORE OF THE SAME"... Now, I don't know diddly about her or her politics and admittedly I include here I don't know jack about politics period... not unlike THE REST OF THE COUNTRY if you pay close attention to the common citizen...
Anyway in conclusion... I'm scared because if No one wants a black man to be President, and no one wants a woman to be President and McCain is too old... That only leaves Huckabee... It really is the biggest case of which minority candidate will win... Judgment will weigh heavily i'm sure on the minds of the voters of RACISM, SEXISM, AND AGEISM...I just can't fathom how it's going to be, but I do know this...
I am a 22,000 dollar a year full-time employed female citizen and the main issues I'd like for a president to focus truthfully, loyally and with all their might on, are the following:
Please settle my mind about what exactly is going on and will be going on in the middle east. What are we accomplishing over there? I'm really tired of seeing Parents, kids, sisters and brothers crying over their beloved soldier... fix it and bring em home please...
My boyfriend has heart palpitations, an infected tooth and he's not able to afford health insurance... it sucks to think he'll die of "LACK OF MONEY FOR HEALTH CARE"...
This immigration thing is really a big deal... The illegals (and I'm talking about the Mexicans because that is what is overabundant here in South Carolina) are here and I don't see them going anywhere... They do the menial low-paying jobs that most Americans refuse to do whether you want to believe that or not... Something needs to be done which isn't necessarily sending them back to Mexico...
What happened to the children in America? Where are the morals and values that most of us over 30 were raised with? It's sad that the influences of today are negative and having a huge impact on the way children are acting. I agree that it's not just the parents job to protect... hence "It takes a village"...
Global warming I put as my last even though I'm sure there are hundreds of other issues but I'll end with this one...
Because I believe in God, I know that it would be a little vain to think that we as humans, just tiny specks in the vast universe are influences enough to be able to ruin our planet but yet I'm seeing it happen everywhere... We need laws in place with heavy consequences in order to govern our GLUTTONY OF THE EARTH"S RESOURCES...
Ok so... in conclusion... I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote for Hillary Clinton because she's been there, she already knows the ins and outs, she's worked with that whole health care issue and I'm thinking she might have a more positive direction for our Country, I also think she'll make things happen as most WOMEN DO...
The most gratifying plus is that I want my vote to be one of many in a proud moment in Women's History of Our first Woman President... Actually happening in my lifetime...
I only wish Hillary, that if you get that new personal trainer or coach that is going to help you win, that they'll help you to put some wind in your hair, and show just a tad bit more unrehearsed verbage... It looks so good on ya girl (no disrespect intended)...
sorry for breaking away from my other boring posts but I just had to cough up this one...
God's Peace...
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment