August 3, 2006

I said Goodbye...

I guess I will tell how it started, before I tell you about the goodbye...

A few months ago, you probably remember I had been on the kick that I was most likely going to move to Texas to be with the kids...

Well one Sunday evening, I decided to go into the Texas chat rooms instead of my normal South Carolina ones... I do not remember much at all except going in there and I think I asked if anyone was in IT and could tell me a little about the town where the kids were and if any jobs were available... That's all I remember...

Skip forward to Friday night... I logged on to yahoo and within moments someone sent me a message;

him: Hello Denise, it is nice to finally see you online after all this time.
me: Who are you?
him:We met a few months ago and you were on my friends list.
me: Refresh my memory of who you are.
him: 44, single, Texas, blah blah.
me: I do not remember you sorry.
him: I do not remember either but you are on my friends list and I do not often put on my friends list.

Long story short it continued from there...

We ended up talking Friday night on the phone until 7:20am Saturday morning... It was so nice to talk to a man that could totally relate to my past without judging me... He seemed genuine and compassionate... His cleverness to have a comeback at my every remark was what drew me most to him... Our rapport with each other was so smooth and gratifying...

The only thing was I didn't know what he looked like... I kept asking for pictures, web camera, anything that I could get a look into what his image was... He had pieced together a computer from other computers and said that what pictures he had of himself were on another harddrive and he would try and extract them soon...

5 days went by... Me constantly haggling with him over it... Not only begging him to go buy a cheap webcam, disposable camera and get developed onto a cd, but in between, asking him to describe his looks in their entirety...

Finally, he was able to stifle me with the statement that I would have a picture of him by the weekend...

Last night he chatted to me on his cellular while walking through the grocery store and I casually mentioned for him to get the camera...

It didn't happen... I hung up...

I don't understand why such a simple task is being ignored...

Why am I wrong for wanting to find out what this man looks like after talking to him in such length for so many days...

I logged online last night and sent him a message:

I now see that my fair request to have an image of you in some capacity is not a priority on your list and it only leaves me to believe that I would not be a priority in the future... I can't deal with that so I must say goodbye... Take care of yourself... Denise

Sucks...

Today my son said, "Mom, if you let him go away, where will you find someone that you like and can get along with as much as you like him?"

He is so right... But I have no idea what else to do except walk away before it goes any further...

Which of course I am sad about because all I keep doing is thinking of him, his thick Italian accent, his gruffness in his voice which makes him appear to be an asshole but yet I know better, and even his cheesy ass jokes...

waaaaaa for now...

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment