March 7, 2006

Happy Birthday To ME...

Yes folks, I've turned another year older, and God help me I hope more wiser...

As a very narcissistic person, my birthday gives me a chance to express even further how very special of a person I think I am to the 99.9% of the population that isn't paying me any attention...

This year though, I played it in a very demure fashion by not announcing the day before or anything as I would normally do.. No hint dropping, or prompts whatsoever. This actually served me very well because I learned who in this world actually knows I exist or else knows I'm here on earth but just doesn't give a shit...

First person to acknowledge my existence today was my very sweet beautiful daughter..

6:30 am; ring ring of my cell phone.

Me: looking at id and see it is my child or rather the house where my children are residing at the moment in Texas.

Sara: haaaaaaaappppyyyy birrrrthdaayyyy tou... haaaaaaaappppyyyy birrrrthdaayyyy tou...haaaaaaaappppyyyy birrrrthdaayyyy dear mooooommmmyyyy.. haaaaaaaappppyyyy birrrrthdaayyyy tou!

Me: in between scratching my ass, yawning and stretching, wiping sleep from my eyes.. "Awwwwweee.. Thank you baby girl"... blah blah blah..

Sara: blah blah love u too.. hang up

Me: Hang up.. get out of bed.. turn on music.. turn on shower...

then 3 more phone calls.. "Happy Birthday!!!".. Zoom to work...

In car on way to work: Text Message from "Beloved" (<==yeah I had to go back to that name because it seems just plain dumb to be calling him "Boyfriend" when we don't even speak now and no, it's not a demotion, more of a reorganization) but more about him another time...

My office was decorated with a big sign saying .. what else?... "Happy Birthday"

Point of story? One co-worker asked me to lunch that I never in a million years would think they'd do, One co-worker who I spent 50 bucks on for their birthday didn't even notice it was mine...

Life is pretty dagum wierd.. and I like it...

Anyone wanna come blow me? oops I mean come blow my candles out?

No comments:

Post a Comment