Hot damn... It's Friday.. and A holiday weekend to boot. I don't know why I am so thrilled, my vacation doesn't start until July 9th. With that being said,
My house is about 3500 square feet. That includes my attic which expands the whole of the house. In other words, I gotta big ass attic. Well, 2 weekends ago, I gathered my children, and 3 of their friends, and cleaned it out. It took 4 trips to the dump and 6 hours, but I think we did an excellent job.
My house was built in 1926 and I adore it. I know it is old as hell, but to me it is beautifully exquisite with nooks and crannies at every turn. One of my hall closets is completely cedar lined, and I have a smokehouse in my backyard. All of the doors to the rooms have glass doorknobs with skeleton key locks. My laundry room could double as a studio apartment complete with a double basin sink and spare stove/oven which is great for holiday cooking..
Ok.. you get the point! I BE LIKIN' MY HOUSE... AND THAT IS WHY I STAY IN MY TOWN THAT IS SO FAR FROM MY JOB. I searched for houses near my workplace several times and I couldn't get 1/4 of the square footage I have now for less than 150k... (stupid Metro cities) So I linger.
My Jeep is cursing me lately because it's tired of driving 520 miles a week just for work, so I am thinking of trading it in for something that doesn't require at least 10 bucks a day for it's addiction to petrolium. (Like y'all even care!) (Hell, I just write what comes to mind and lots of times it's boring so just "hush yo' moufs')
Anyway, I'm having a yard sale tomorrow for all the crap I pulled down from the attic and going to use the cash to juice up the Jeep with oil and all that crap to get ready for it's long haul to the beach.
PS: To my Son Keith: Happy Birthday To You!!! I am so thankful to God for you.
Damn! How can I have a youngin' 11 years old?
PEACE OUT! HAPPY 4th
I hear ya on the house!! I have an affection for older houses, they're so beautiful and well, homey, ya know?
ReplyDeleteAnd though it's late, Happy Birthday to that son of yours ;) I hope he had an awesome one.
Xo,
Aimee