Went to a flea market this weekend. Now I beg of someone to tell me why it is that the "Ohhhh Mama, pleaseeeeeee, Please let us have it, We'll take care of it, We promise"! With little green and blue eyes staring up at you pleading like it is the most important thing in the world makes you end up bringing home a kitten and a baby rabbit that you had absolutely not even entertained the idea of getting. So we played with them and got them all kinds of cute stuff. I have to admit they are very cute and fuzzy and Brutus seems to be quite fine with them as long as they know that he runs the roost in our house.
I've been going to a new church lately, and this one lady joined during the service this Sunday. I felt bad for her. She is a little bit off kilter. She didn't physically look mentally challenged or anything, not that I know what to look for, but here we were, the preacher standing with her about to begin his prayer to bless her into the church, and she suddenly remarked "I can make green beans.. and then proceeded to give the recipe for some kind of baked item that involved bisquick. It was a bit shocking to us and I knew if I looked at my son who was sitting next to me, that we would crack up and embarrass ourselves terribly.
What was awful of us and some of the other members did it too, was that after the minister was finally able to get to the closing prayer, he told her that she would stand with him so we could greet her on the way out.
Well...
We all hauled ass out the other exit so we wouldn't have to greet her. I mean, I know it is a terrible thing, an awful- awful thing to do, but I'll be honest, I was afraid! What if she said something off-handed to me? I wouldn't know how in the world to react.
If I have offended anyone, please understand that I am sincerely apologetic. However, I am sure I am not the minority in this circumstance. It's one of those "What do you say in a moment like this?" kind of situation.
Going camping this weekend with my cousin. Did I tell you about her being pregnant after having tried so hard for over a year? Well, she lost the baby soon after her announcement. It was soooo' sad. But she is doing ok now, and they are anxious to try again in a couple of months.
Now I haven't actually been camping before, but from what I have gathered from others that have, it's pretty fun. My cousin's husband has a boat and I love fishing so I know that is what I'll be spending all my time doing. As far as the sleeping in a tent goes, I guess I'll have to let you know how it turns out. They said they have an air-conditioner in the 3-room tent and even though I haven't ever heard of an air-conditioned tent, I am excited to see what it is all about. We will be roughing it though because the bathrooms and showers are public and I asked if someone else would see me if they took a shower at the same time (I can't help being dumb, on Tv they are all in one shower room.) and my cousin reassured me that it was a private closed-off shower. (How come my mother never sent me to summer camp to learn about this stuff?)
I only have a few more weeks with the children. Where in the hell did the summer go? Well, I can't really complain, we had a blast and I have a ton of pictures to reflect back on. (As soon as I sort through them I'll post some") I just have to keep saying to myself over and over that this sending them back to Texas for School is truly for their own good.
They both said they were ready for school. We all three got haircuts Sunday afternoon and I'm going to take them shoe and clothes shopping this week. My son wants some kind of shoes called E-vans I think, anyway they are "skateboard" shoes is what he says. My daughter could care less about any type of brand names, but she showed me this outfit while we were doing some shopping yesterday and it was a brown-tassled cowgirl looking outfit that I thought looked rediculous but that she seemed to love. Oh well, I finally just said, "well, you are the one that has to wear it." I didn't buy it though because we had to get some stuff for her kitten and she soon forgot all about clothes once we got to the pets section.
Well, I seem to be rambling quite a bit so I guess I'll shut up now. To my friend "J".. Hurry up and get home from the hospital, I miss talking to you.
To all y'all out there in internet space, Peace be Still... Or make sure you "GOTCH YOUR PIECE OF STEEL" (If you haven't seen it.. you'd have no idea what I'm talking about.)
My daughter has cerebral palsy and to look at her you would never know it. She is a beautiful twelve year old girl who has the mental capabilities of a 2 year old. I think what you did is cruel.If the woman would have offered up a recipe for macaroni and cheese while you were meeting her, would it have killed you to reply " Oh that's nice, do you make that often?" You can run out the back door and pretend that people like that dont exist. Deal with it or hide like a coward. I am embarrassed for you.
ReplyDeleteDear Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteLike I said, I am sorry if I offended anyone at all. Also, if a 12 year old were to be at the alter at that time and say those types of things, I don't think it would have been as shocking as to have seen a grown woman who was exquisitely dressed with the minister in full robe mouth opened to begin a prayer. I only wrote what happened. I ask for your forgiveness but also know that I am not alone in a situation as such. As far as the laughing part, it is a built in thing to I'm sure many not just myself to laugh during uncomfortable situations. I have laughed out loud during a funeral because for some reason or other my brain stimulated that particular emotion at that time.