My friend confessed to me that he thinks my web log is interesting but he's tired of reading the "whine" in my words and said, "Enough about "him" already, it's getting boring!" "Write down what you are about." So, I guess I shall begin at the present moment.
My immediate family consists of two sides. The biological side, and the adoptive side. I should let you know that both sides get jealous when it comes time for me to visit them in Savannah. Not because I am so wonderful to be around mind you, but only to be able to say "Ha Ha.. She stayed with us this time!!" It truly gets old having to make sure I dedicate time to both sides when I am visiting. Sometimes I go visit one side and not tell the other that I am there. Anytime though I am expecting to be caught out and about while there and they say, "Oh I didn't know you were in town.) (oops, i'm busted!)
In case you are wondering how it came to be that I was adopted, the short version is that my biological mother was too young, addicted to drugs, and after having my two out of three brothers (another came after me) and them being placed in foster care, she decided to settle down and take care of her "daughter".
That didn't last too long and on one of my many trips to the babysitter for an extended stay while my mother was out doing her "thing", I got deathly sick. The babysitter called the welfare agency and they intervened already familiar with my mother's preoccupation with popping out unwanted babies. Thus my foster parents (at first) and future adoptive parents stepped into the picture.
Here's where I would without a doubt have to say, God must definitely have a plan for me. He certainly has brought me a long way from that 7-week old heroine addicted baby that I was back then. Of course these days, God and I are at an impasse. He is giving me signs left and right to get in gear with him but I am bucking the system at every turn. (Take a guess who's gonna win this argument?)
I have mentioned my children but I haven't really MENTIONED my children, because in doing so, my indepth descriptions of them would take up the entire space dedicated to the whole Blogger world. Nevertheless, I will suffice it to say that they are two perfect, brilliant, and spectacular... pains in the butt that ever lived. One moment you could eat them up with a spoon and the next you want to choke them with it. They are my greatest gifts and forever shall be. (I love them babies more than words could ever describe)
Though I feel guilty because I am not with them during the school year, (A decision I truly feel is the right one based on them receiving a better education there instead of South Carolina.) I feel we will make up during the summers and holidays. They are in no way suffering and as I've posted in a previous blog, my kids are very well adjusted in light of everything that has happened.
My situation summed up is that my husband of almost 10 years met a woman at a convention in Texas a couple of years ago. She seemed to be able to give him what he needed and he left. Granted I was an emotional wreck when it happened, but today almost 2 years later, I THANK GOD it did. She is perfectly suited for him and a very nice woman. She is a great step mother to my children. (Ok where is my perfect romance, how the hell did he get so lucky?)
I have a dog...... a chihuahua, which I've mentioned before. He is practically my whole world at the present. (pitiful...) He goes with me everywhere. I've taken him into Lowe's quite a few times (I know I keep mentioning that place but I love going there) His name is Brutus because at 4 pounds I figure he should have a nice macho name. His markings and coloring are exactly that of the *Taco Bell* dog, however, I scowl deeply whenever I hear someone refer to him in that way. (Yo Querio my ass... ya mofo!)
I have a roommate who is my best friend's estranged husband and who is basically a kid in a 31 year old man's body. He's been living with me for a couple of months now and we seem to get along rather well.
So there ya have it. A look into my surroundings. Pretty routine I guess. Maybe I'll tell you about the steamy lesbian affairs and the excellent raunchy sex adventures i'm having in future postings. ( GASP!)
sidenote: How's that Kevin?
No comments:
Post a Comment